Pla Raad Sauce Takrai
Pla Raad Sauce Dtakrai
(Baked Whole Fish Dressed with Lemongrass Sauce)
1 whole fish (medium size of any kind)
1/2 cup sliced lemongrass
20 red chili peppers (more or less as you prefer)
5 Thai white peppers
3 coriander roots (sliced)
5 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup stock
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Clean the fish. Wipe the fish with paper towels.
2. Ground coriander roots, 2 cloves garlic, Thai white pepper, and salt altogether.
3. Spread it all over the fish. Leave the fish in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Bake the fish at 350F for about 15 minutes.
5. Ground red chili peppers, lemongrass and 3 cloves garlic together.
6. Heat the pan and put olive oil. When the pan is hot, add paste from number 5 then stir-fry until it smells aromatic.
7. Add stock, fish sauce, oyster sauce. Mix well.
8. Now, dress the sauce over the baked fish. Serve with jasmine rice.
After you clean the fish very well, why is the fishy smell still there? I suggest that you should spread lemon juice all over the fish.Then, the fishy smell will go away.
Anyway, don’t put too much.
Many Thai food recipes use a lot of lemongrass because of its aromatic citrus flavor and health benefits. Especially Thai food: fish recipes, grill, bake or boil, lemongrass will help with fishy smells. It also helps cut down cholesterol and uric acid in the body which is better for your health. More than that, lemongrass has antibacterial and antifungal properties!
Thai food recipes have all kinds of herb ingredients in them. I will tell you more next time!