1 kg. beef (chest part with some fat stick to it)
3 tbsp. oyster sauce
3 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. brandy
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. chili power (as much as you like)
3 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 tbsp. palm sugar
2 tbsp. Roasted uncooked rice
1. Slice the beef thick. Mix them with oyster sauce, light soy sauce and brandy in a big bowl. Wrap the bowl and leave it in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Grill in low heat for about 8 minutes. Make it medium cooked.
3. Cut it to a bite size. Serve with tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce. Dress the top with coriander leaves.
4. Make sour sauce with sour sauce ingredients. Roasted uncooked rice will make it smell so nice!
Why is our Tiger is crying??? – – – (>_<)- – – –
One upon a time, our Tiger is the king of the forest (sort of).
He loves to hunt for a cow.
Once he caught one cow, he would jump to the chest part first as it was the most testy piece of all.
“It was sweet and so soft”, the tiger said.
When it’s time for the human go hunting in the forest, crazy human love the chest part too!!
So, whenever Tiger saw the dead cow with its chest part already taken or when he was thinking
about human is eating the cow chest, he cried so hard as it was also his favorite.
1. Cut the beef in a long shape (about 7cm.). Make it as thick as your finger.
2. Crush garlic and black peppers altogether. I like to get the whole black peppers and ground them by myself because it has much better smell than the instant one.
3. Now, add crushed garlic and black peppers into a big bowl. Add fish sauce, sugar, salt and soak the beef in it.
4. Wrap the bowl with plastic and leave the bowl of beef inside refrigerator for 3-4 hours, it’s best if you leave it there the whole night.
5. Next, arrange them on the big plate or tray. Dry it with sunshine for about 3 hours. (Now, it’s your job to do whatever you can to keep it away from the flies.) :p
Don’t get disgusted yet. Use the thin white cloth or Fachee to cover the tray while we lay it outside in the sun.
Fry the dry beef in hot vegetable oil and serve with sticky rice.
I really miss it!!!
When I traveled a long trip with my aunt and uncle, we pack the fried dry beef and sticky rice in bamboo container. Yummy! The bamboo container can keep my sticky rice warm and soft for many hours. Order Somtam (Papaya Spicy Salad) from the restaurant and mom-made Pla rah dipping sauce from home!
Sab! Don’t tell anyone if you have some, or they try to take it away from you – ha!
I think this is what a common Thai Isaan family does when they travel.
500g. minced beef
1 onion (sliced)
1/2 yellow sweet bell pepper (sliced)
1 cup Basil
2 tbsp. sliced garlic
2 tbsp. slice red chili pepper
1 cup rice 2 tbsp. vegetable oil or olive oil 1 tbsp. fish sauce 1 tbsp. soy sauce 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1. Add vegetable oil into a hot pan. Wait until the oil get hot.
2. Add garlic and fry until the garlic almost turn yellow. Then, add red chili peppers (cover your nose at this step!)
3. Add the beef right away if you don’t want to sneeze too much. If you want it very very spicy (like it is burning your mouth, please wait for 10 seconds then add beef) 🙂
4. Add onion, sweet bell pepper and mix well. Cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add fish sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Throw the basil in, mix well and turn off the fire.
6. Put Gaprao Neu-uh on top of rice before you serve it to your husband or your wife! 😀
I got lucky today husband take care of baby Mali for me.. haha.. This food only took me a short time.
If you don’t know what an e-book is, it’s simply a Word file with photos and nice formatting converted into an Adobe PDF format that you can read on your computer, PDA, phone, or maybe even your watch. It makes the files easy to read on electronic readers too – you may have heard about Microsoft’s and Amazon’s new readers. They are e-book readers designed specially for reading e-books.
We are giving away a sample PDF file of the first 11 pages of Joy’s Thai Food Recipe eBook below.