Thai Food Curry: Gang Ped Gai Sai Sato
(Chicken Curry with Green Bean)
Thai Food Curry: Gang Ped Gai Sai Sator (Chicken Curry with Green Bean)
1 cup chicken
1 cup sato (from nitta tree)
1/2 cup sliced bamboo
4 kaffir lime leaves
2 lemongrass (sliced)
2 pieces galangal (cut finely)
2 red onions
1 clove garlic
2 tsp. shrimp paste
1 tsp. kiffir lime skin (sliced)
5 dried red chili peppers
8 oz. coconut milk
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Ground lemongrass, galangal, red onions, garlic, shrimp paste, kiffir lime skin and dried red chili peppers together. Good thing about making the paste by yourself is the best smell of fresh ingredients. 🙂
2. Heat the pan and put olive oil. Wait until the pan is hot then put the paste that we made from step 1.
3. Fry the paste until it smells nice. Now, add chicken, fish sauce, sugar and half of coconut milk. Then mix well.
4. Cook for 10 minutes. Keep adding coconut milk or water when the pan is getting too dry.
5. After that, add sato and bamboo. Pour the rest of coconut milk. Cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Turn off the fire. Dress the curry with kaffir lime leaves.
You should crack the bean open to check inside if there is any warm in it. Even though I picked the most expensive one, which is usually fresh, I still found 5 warms. Be careful naka! 🙂