Gai Muan (Chicken Rolls)
1 cup chicken breast
2 group scallion (cut 1 inch long)
3 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. ginger hot drink
2 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1. Slice the chicken and use rolling pin to make the chicken thin.
2. Place scallion and roll the chicken. Fasten it with thin stick.
3. Soak it in light soy sauce, sugar and ginger hot drink. Save the sauce for the next step.
4. Heat the pan and add vegetable oil. Fry the chicken rolls until it turn gold. Add the sauce from step3 and 1/2 cup water.
5. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into the right bite pieces.
Here is it another childrens’ recipe for you today. This one takes only 5 easy steps to make. I love to serve it with sweet plum sauce. My younger cousins loved to help me in the kitchen but not something dangerous, like knife and hot pan. When they get participated with their food, they always ate them all and ask for more.
I think it’s really fun to be with the young children. They are so funny and always excited to learn new things. I just had to show them something like “wow filling up water bottle was so much fun”. Then, I cut off one of the shores I had to do and the children were having fun. A year or two later, they found out that I didn’t want to do filling up the bottles with drinking water so I tricked them! Ha!