Grilled Chicken with Lemongrass in Thai, Gai Yang Dtakrai
4 thigh chicken
7 lemongrasses (cut 1 inch)
3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp. black pepper
1/3 cup garlic
1. Crush the lemongrass finely.
2. Then, with black pepper and garlic, we just need to crush it lightly.
3. Now, add soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar and mix everything very well.
4. With your hand, take a chicken piece and give it a massage in a bowl of mixed ingredients above. Do the same thing with the rest.
5. Leave it in the refrigerator for 3 hours or one night if you are not in a hurry.
6. Grill it on a fire made from wood or use the oven with 180 C for 45 minutes.
Note from Vern
The flavor of lemongrass with the chicken is an amazing combination. You’ll like this recipe regardless if you like other Thai foods because it’s just like a flavored chicken recipe. Try it! Joy makes this recipe really good, but you know what? Don’t tell her, but grandma makes it PERFECT. I love when grandma gets cooking!