7-10 sliced chicken breast
All purpose flour
1 tbsp. white pepper powder
2 tbsp. sliced shallot
2 tbsp. sliced coriander and scallion
1 tsp. chilli powder
2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. roasted and crushed uncooked rice
1 tsp. sugar (optional)
5-10 mint leaves
1. Soak the chicken into the salted water for 10-20 minutes. After that remove and dry the chicken well with paper towel.
2. Dip the chicken in the egg that you already beat (Use spoon to beat it and make it less bubbles as possible0. After that drop the chicken into flour. Then, drop it into the egg again. Last, drop it in the flour for the second time. Do this piece by piece.
First thing is to fry the chicken. There is no right portion to prepare the tempura flour as all purpose flour would give the best result itself. You will only need to mix the flour with white pepper powder, add more or less in the way to like it.
3. Now, turn on the pan with maximum heat. Add a lot of vegetable oil (or just enough to soak the whole piece of chicken). When the pan and vegetable oil is really really hot, drop the chicken in and lower the stove down to minimum heat. Fry the chicken until the flour turn gold then remove in from the pan.
4. Next, add fried chicken a big bowl. Add shallot, sliced coriander and scallion, mint.
5. In a different bowl, add fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, roasted and crushed uncooked rice and chilli powder. Now pour it in a bowl of fried chicken. Mix quickly and arrange in a plate.
6. Serve it with hot jasmine rice and sliced tomatoes.