Gai Toon Manao Dong Sai Hed Hom – Stew Chicken with Preserved Lemon and Shitake Mushroom
500g. Chicken drumstick
1 preserved lemon
250g. shitake mushroom
100g. cut carrot
3 crushed coriander roots
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. soy sauce
6 pieces Chinese lily, Chinese paper flower; day lily; lemon lily)
3 tbsp. cut coriander leaves
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp. finely crushed black pepper
1. Add 2 cups of water into the pot. Boil it in medium heat. When it’s boiling add chicken drumstick and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add crushed coriander roots and black pepper. Usually scoop fat and bubbles, which float on the top, then throw it away.
3. Add salt, shitake mushroom, Chinese lily, carrot and preserved lemon. Keep the heat on very low volume.
4. Boil it for 30-50 minutes. Keep looking at the amount of water in the pot.
Add more if there is too low.
5. After 50 minutes of cooking, turn off the fire.
One month passed.. haha! So fast, as if it were a dream. 😛 Now our preserved lemons are ready for this recipe.