There are free WordPress themes available for you as a Thai food blogger. When you login to your WordPress account you can go to Appearance | Themes and choose one of those.
NOTE – If you don’t have Blog Hosting – you must get that first, before you do anything with WordPress. We strongly recommend you go straight to BlueHost.com and get their $3.95 per month hosting account for your website.
OK! You have your web hosting account and ready to go!
Why is it a better idea to buy a premium theme?
1. These themes are a top priority for the developers because maintaining them, updating them for customers makes good business sense. Free themes are often left to fall apart as developers have no time to keep them updated.
2. They are full of some great functionality that free themes never have. Especially recently, there are some absolutely amazing themes in terms of how they can empower you as a food blogger.
Which are the Best Themes?
These are the themes that we have researched and that have our strongest recommendation. There are dozens of themes that claim to be appropriate for food blogs. We chose based on a number of characteristics. We looked at the demo. We looked at the functionality. We looked at Mobile Usability – responsiveness. We looked at the price. We looked at the developers and other themes they’ve done. We searched the web to see if anyone was loudly claiming anything negative about the themes or the developer. Some of these themes we have used in the past (Thesis, Enfold, and some of WooThemes themes).
The Best Thai Food Blog Themes (in our opinion!)
1. Thesis. Currently we are using this Thesis theme by DIYThemes. It is tried and true. This theme is world famous. It’s fast, it is optimized for speed, simplicity, and readability. This is probably the most readable theme on the market.
2. Enfold. This one blew us away when we first saw it, and we may yet move JoysThaiFood.com over to try it. We are currently testing it on some of our other sites and we love what we see. The functionality is through the roof with this theme. You can do things you never could before. The level of customization out of the box is just awesome. Because there are so many things you can control and customize with this theme, we recommend it for those of you who are already familiar with blogging and some basic design work. There are hundreds of things you can tweak, and it would probably be overwhelming for beginners.
3. ICOOK by Tesla Themes.
Create Your Own Thai Food Blog!
- Creating Your Thai Food Blog
- Choosing Your Domain Name
- Your Thai Food Blog Business Hosting
- Choosing a Great WordPress Theme
- The Basics of Thai Food Blogging
- How To Bring Visitors to Your Thai Food Blog – Traffic
- 25 Solid Thai Food Photography Tips
- Making Money from Your Thai Food Blog – Monetizing
- Creating Food eBooks
- Gathering Email Addresses – Leads
You must have exceptional web hosting if you want to have a website. You should seriously consider “BlueHost“. We have used them for a decade with great joy! 😛
We decided to become affiliates for Bluehost.com because we have enjoyed their hosting services over a decade of time. We’ve been extremely satisfied with them, and so we pass on to you our recommendation that you also join them. There are far too many poor hosting services available online. We receive a commission from Bluehost for referrals from this site. If you would, please go there through one of our blue links on the page so we can continue to give you great articles on hosting your food blog, and cooking Thai food! 😛 Joy B.