There are free WordPress themes available for you as a food blogger. When you login at your WordPress account you can go to Appearance | Themes and choose one of those.
A much better idea is to choose from the WordPress themes here. You’ll pay less than $100 in almost all cases.
Why is it a better idea to buy a premium theme?
1. These themes are top priority for the developers because maintaining them, updating them for customers makes good business sense. Free themes are often left to fall apart as developers have no time to keep them updated.
2. They are full of some great functionality that free themes never have. Especially recently, there are some absolutely amazing themes in terms of how they can empower you as a food blogger.
Which are the Best Themes?
These are the themes that we have researched and that have our strongest recommendation. There are dozens of themes that claim to be appropriate for food blogs. We chose based on a number of characteristics. We looked at the demo. We looked at the functionality. We looked at Mobile Usability – responsiveness. We looked at the price. We looked at the developers and other themes they’ve done. We searched the web to see if anyone was loudly claiming anything negative about the themes or the developer. Some of these themes we have used in the past (Thesis, Enfold, and some of WooThemes themes).
The Best Food Blog Themes (in our opinion!)
1. Thesis. Currently we are using this Thesis theme by DIYThemes. It is tried and true. This theme is world famous. It’s fast, it is optimized for speed, simplicity, and readability. This is probably the most readable theme on the market.
2. Enfold. This one blew us away when we first saw it, and we may yet move JoysThaiFood.com over to try it. We are currently testing it on some of our other sites and we love what we see. The functionality is through the roof with this theme. You can do things you never could before. The level of customization out of the box is just awesome. Because there are so may things you can control and customize with this theme, we recommend it for those of you who are already familiar with blogging and some basic design work. There are hundreds of things you can tweak, and it would probably be overwhelming for beginners.
3. ICOOK by Tesla Themes.
10-Part Series: How to Start a Food Blog
- Creating Your Food Blog
- Choosing Your Domain Name
- Your Food Blog Business Hosting
- Choosing a Great WordPress theme – this page.
- The Basics of Food Blogging
- Bringing Visitors to Your Food Blog – Traffic
- 25 Solid Food Photography Tips
- Making Money from Your Food Blog – Monetizing
- Creating Food eBooks
- Gathering Email Addresses – Leads