Kanom Gluay (Steamed Banana)
Khanom Gluay ( Steamed Banana)
2 cups rice flour
1 and 1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 cup scraped young coconut
2 and 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups mashed apple banana (1kilogram)
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. salt
3 cups scraped old coconut
1 tsp. salt
1. Mix the two kinds of flour altogether. Gradually add coconut milk and sugar while you knead it.
2. Then, add 2 tsp. of salt and mashed apple banana. Knead it very well.
3. Prepare topping by mixing scraped old coconut with 1 tsp. salt.
4. Cut banana leaves in oval shape 7 x 21 cm. and 6×8 cm.
5. Place the smaller on top. Put the mix in the middle of the leaves follow by scraped old coconut.
6. Wrap it nicely and attach it with toothpick.
7. Steam it in boiling water and use maximum heat for 15 minutes.
If you don’t like to wrap it with banana leaves, you can pour the mix in a metal tray and steam it for 15 minutes.
There are a number of different desserts just like this – sometimes we use egg custard, sometimes bananas, sometimes pumpkin. Up to you!