Bua Loy Kai waan (Sweet Eggs Desert)
50 g. sticky rice flour
1 cup water
1 tbsp. concentrated pandanus juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup salt
1. Dissolve sugar with water and boil it on medium heat. Wait until it is boiling and syrup get thick then lower the heat.
2. Mix half of the flour with 1 tbsp. water then mix the other half with concentrated pandanus juice. Knead well and make small balls from the dough.
3. Boil the small balls in syrup until it turns clear and float to the top.
4. Boil the eggs in syrup until it is cooked and float to the top. Now turn off the fire.
5. Next, in a different pot, add salt into coconut milk and heat until it’s boiling. Turn off the fire.
6. Serve the dessert when it’s cool off. Dress the top with coconut milk from step 5.
You can make your dessert special by making the ball in different color from vegetable, or food coloring and adding young coconut meat or cooked corn.
\(^v^)/ have a nice day na ka