Mun Chuem (Sweet Potatoes and Coconut Cream)
1 kg. Sweet potato
3 cups sugar
3 cups white wash/lime water
3 cups water
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. salt
1. Clean the sweet potato very well. Peel the skin off and cut into pieces. Make the piece big. Soak them in lime water for 30 minutes. After that, clean with water again.
2. Add 3 cups of water into a pot. Boil it on medium heat. When it’s quite hot, add sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Wait until the syrup is boiling, then add sweet potato. Use low fire.
3. Don’t stir the potato so often. Just flip it over when the other side is done.
4. Notice the potato pieces. If the color is clear then it’s ready. Remove from the stove.
5. In a different pot, boil coconut milk with salt. When it’s boiling, then remove from the fire.
Dress coconut milk on top of sweet potato when it’s cool off.