Gluay Buad Chee – Banana Dessert
10 Pisang Awak banana (half ripe) if you get the one that is too ripe, the result you get will be too soft ( I like it like that though)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 thickest coconut cream
3 cup coconut milk
1. Peel and cut the bananas into 4 pieces.
2. Put coconut milk in a pot. Wait until it’s boiling, then add babana pieces. Cook for 7 minutes.
3. Now, add sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. After that, add thick coconut cream. Turn off the fire.
5. You can serve it hot or cold as you like. We store it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to make it cold.
Gluay Buad Chee or Banana Dessert, which means whole bananas boiled in coconut cream, is my favorite dessert since I was young. I like the banana not too soft so when I cook it I usually use bananas that only turn ripe for about 10%. However, to use 70-80% ripe banana will give you a naturally sweetness from itself and 90% ripe will make the food too soft. 🙂
We can also apply this menu with pumpkin and taro. 🙂
I love them all!!
Ps. Watch my video in youtube of how to make this recipe but with pumpkin.