Khanom Gleep Dok Lumduan – Lumduan Petal Cookies
5 cup wheat flour (sifted)
2 and 1/2 cup icing
1 and 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Sift the flour and mix it with icing.
2. Slowly add vegetable oil. Knead it very well. Make a ball about 1 inch big.
3. Use knife cut it into four pieces. Arrange them as three petals and put a small ball in the middle as the inside of flowers.
4. Put it on a tray, which was dressed with vegetable oil.
5. Bake it with 180˚C for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. After that leave it cool outside and remove it from the tray.
7. Fumigate it with smoke from candles.
To fumigate a container with smoke from candles, we arrange the desserts in a big flat container for 2 levels. Don’t forget to leave the space for the candles. Put candles on small porcelain and place it on an available space. Now, light the candles and leave it burn for a while. When you are ready, you can blow the candle. This way will make more smoke. Next, immediately seal the container. Keep it closed for 30 minutes then remove the candle. If it doesn’t have a smell yet, you can try it for 2 or 3 more times. On the other hand, you can leave the candle burn in a closed container. Leave it for 30 minutes. The candles will go out itself without oxygen.
Be patient, have artistic heart and have fun! 🙂