Gluay Kaek (Deep fried banana with shredded coconut and sesame)
10 banana (peeled and cut)
Choose the one that is not too ripe
10 pieces potatoes
10 pieces taro
2 cups rice flour
2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp. roasted sesame
2 glasses water
2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups limestone water
1. Mix 2 type of flour, salt and sugar altogether in a big bowl.
2. Add shredded coconut and sesame.
3. Soak cut banana, potato and taro into the limestone water. This way will help make the banana, taro and potato get not too soft when you fry them.
4. Heat the pan and add vegetable oil.
5. Dip the banana into mixed flour and then deep fried in hot vegetable oil.
6. Wait until it turns gold then remove from the pan. Do the same to potato and taro.