Thai Dessert: Thai Coconut Noodle Dessert (Lawt Chong)
Lawt Chong (Coconut noodle dessert)
2 cups rice flour
1 cup palm sugar
7 aromatic pandanus leaves
7 cups lime water(white wash)
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
1 cup water with jasmine flavour
1. Cut pandanus leaves in small pieces and crush it finely. Mix with dringing water and squeeze out the juice. Throw away the residue.
2. Put rice flour in a bowl. Gradually pour pandanus juice and lime water in the bowl. Mix it altogether. Use all the juice.
3. Strain the mixed flour on filter cloth. Put the juice you get in a pan. Cook it with low heat and keep stirring until it gets thick and mix well.
4. Don’t let it gets too thick or too mushy.
5. Prepare cold water in a big bowl. Then, make 5-7 holes on the can bottom.
6. Put stirred rice flour in the can and press it out into the cold water. Make the noodle about 1 inch long. The water should be cold always.
7. Next, boil coconut milk and water with jasmine flavour on low heat. Add salt and palm sugar (if u don’t have palm sugar, regular sugar is ok). Turn off the fire when it’s boiling.
8. Leave it cold. After that, add sliced jackfruit. Top with jasmine and crushed ice.
Don’t eat the flowers!! :p
Thai people use jasmine flower with many kinds of desert. We pick jasmine petals and float them in a bowl of the water. Then, cover the bowl and leave it there for one night. Throw away the petals and you will find out that water smell incredibly sweet.
Since the commercially processed jasmine nowadasy is all covered with chemical stuff to keep the flower away from bugs, you can use jasmine flavour which u can get it from any mall.