Isaan Style Pork Soup – Gaeng Om Moo
5 red onions (lightly pounded)
1/2 cup lemongrass cut finely
1 and 1/2 cup pork
1 cup pumpkin (cut small)
3 eggplants (cut 4 each)
1 cup parsley
1 group scallion
1/2 cup basil
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. fish sauce
4 tbsp fermented fish juice (Blarah)
2 tbsp. roasted uncooked rice
2 cup water
1. Pound the peppers, lemongrass and garlic together. Mix with red onion when finished.
2. Boil 2 cups of water. then put the paste from number 1 in boiling water.
3. Add salt, pork, pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Put eggplant, fish sauce, Blarah, and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Now, add parsley, scallion, basil, and roasted uncooked rice then turn off the fire.