Kao Kha Moo (Stewed Pork with Rice)
2 pounds pork front legs (clean well)
10 cloves garlic
3 crushed coriander roots
1 tsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp. five spices powder
20 peppers (crushed)
1 tsp. black and sweet soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup streamed rice
2 tablespoon full pickled vegetable
1 handful soft boiled Chinese kale
1 tbsp. sliced coriander
1 scallion (cut the end)
1 tbsp. whole garlic
2 red chili peppers
1 boiled egg (cut half)
1 tbsp. minced chili pepper
1 coriander root
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. vinegar
1. Shave the hair and clean pork’s leg very well.
2. Put water 1/3 of the pot.
3. Use medium heat. Then, add black and sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, five spices powder, crushed peppers, coriander roots, garlic, pork’s leg and sugar.
4. Boil in medium heat for 30 minutes or until the meat gets soft.
5. After the pork gets soft, remove from the pot and cut into right bite size.
6. Crush chili pepper, coriander root, garlic and salt together. Mix it with vinegar.
Arrange the pork on top of the rice. Put pickled vegetable, scallion and soft boiled Chinese kale on a side. Pour some small amount of the soup and then top the plate with 1 tbsp. sliced coriander. Eating it with fresh garlic and red chili peppers is your choice.
One of my favorites!!