Toon Si Krong Moo – Stew Pork Rib
2 cups pork rib (cut 2 inches)
6 cloves crushed finely garlic
5 tbsp. coriander root
2 tbsp. crushed pepper
3 tbsp. light soy sauce
3 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tbsp. oyster sauce
5 tbsp. sugar
7 cups water
1 cup shitake mushroom
1. Ground pepper, coriander root, and garlic together.
2. Boil 8 cups of water. Use maximum heat.
3. When the water is boiling, gently drop the rib with your hand into the boiling water.
4. Now change to medium heat. When you see bubbles, scoop it and throw away. Don’t stir the pot.
5. Add the mixed from step 1 into the pot.
6. Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
7. Now the soup will turn to brown. Add shitake mushroom.
8. Cook for 2 minutes and remove the pork rib. Turn off the fire.
9. Pour the brown soup over the filter. We don’t want the garlic and coriander pieces because it will make the soup unclear and thick.
10. Then, pour the soup into a pot and place cooked pork rib and shitake mushroom in it. Use low heat to cook it for 3 hours.
11. Serve it with jasmine rice. Cook Chinese kale in boiling water and Serve it aside. When you cook Chinese kale, use some small amount of water. Wait until the water is boiling then drop Chinese kale. Add 1/2 tsp. salt to keep the vegetable green color.
Don’t cook your food and go watch TV like me. :p Keep looking at the pot. Maybe the heat you use is too strong and dry out the soup so quick. Don’t burn it. What if you already burn the pot after 3 hours of cooking?
Don’t worry. I burnt the pots too many time. There were uncountable times that I had to throw away the food or even throw away the pot. To clean it is very easy. Use baking soda, dish washing powder to help clean the burnt pot. Add hot water and soak it overnight. Then, scrape out food with plastic scraper. Use some muscle on it.