Thai Food Dessert: Sang Kaya Fuhk Thong
(Steamed Whole Pumpkin Dessert with Egg Custard)
1 pumpkin (500 grams)
4 eggs (from duck or chicken)
250 ml. coconut milk
3 big tbsp. palm sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3-5 pandanus leaves
1. Clean the pumpkin very well. Use brush to move away the dirt.
2. Cut the top of pumpkin about 2-3 inches diameter.
3. Remove the seed inside, clean it very well. Put it upside down to drain the water out. Have to let is get completely dry because if you cook while it still wet, the filling won’t stick to the pumpkin after it’s done.
4. Next, beat the eggs and then add coconut milk, palm sugar, salt in a bowl. Tear the pandanus leaves and put into the bowl. Squeeze everything together.
5. Pour the mixed egg in strainer. After that, pour it into the pumpkin.
6. Steamed it for 1 hour or put in microwave for 15 minutes.