Basil Shrimps (Gapow Goong)
1 cup big shrimps (peeled, clean and de-veined)
1 handful basil
1 handful sliced spring onion
2 tbsp. minced chili peppers (Ground them if you really want to get real taste)
2 tbsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
Some small amount of water
2 small drops black and sweet soy bean sauce
1. Soft boiled the shrimps. Ah! forgot to tell you the leave the tails on the shrimps, I think it looks better on the food (Doesn’t mean it will taste better, haha)
2. Here is what I do to make it real quick and short time for sneezing.
In a small cup, mix oyster sauce, black and sweet soybean sauce, sugar, fish sauce and water (5 tbsp.).
3. Next, heat the pan with medium and add vegetable oil. Wait until it gets warm and add minced garlic and chili peppers.
4. Cover your nose. 🙂 don’t sneeze into the food.
5. Add spring onion, shrimps, basil and the sauce we already mix from number 2.
6. Stir-fry and count 1-2-3 then turn of the fire.
Mostly at Thai restaurant use only 3 tbsp. basil, however, at home my brother added 1 big cup of basil and make this recipe real sweet. He learnt to cook before me and loved to make crazy recipes for us.
One rule I have learned at home is just add whatever you want. 🙂