Another recipe you will find in every Thai restaurant I bet but what they have there in vary from seafood mix Phad Cha or just salt water fish or even a type of clams. If you like Pad Ga Prao, you may also like this food too. The aromatic smell from galingale really makes you hungry!
200-300 gram Squid (clean and cut to a bite size)
3 branches young pepper corn
1/2 cup sliced Galingale <<click to see photo
1 handful sweet basil
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (from Healthy boy brand, if you have Mae Krua brand then you will need just 1 tbsp.)
2 tbsp. sliced garlic
2 tbsp. sliced shallot
2 tbsp. sliced chilies
1. Crush shallot, garlic and chilies altogether.
2. Add vegetable oil in a hot pan. Add the paste we got from earlier. Fry it until you sneeze couple times. 🙂
3. Add squid and cook for 2-5 minutes depend on the heat you use. Don’t let it cook for too long because the squid will shrink and the meat will be quite tough to eat.
4. Add young pepper corn and galingale. Then add fish sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
5. If you don’t like oyster sauce, just mix 1 tbsp. corn starch with 2 tbsp of water and pour it in. Let it get thick. This way you can slip the oyster sauce.
6. After you mix the sauce in the food well. Put sweet basil leaves and quickly stir. Then remove the food from the stove.