Steamed Shrimps with Milk, in Thai, Goong Nueng Nomsod
7 big shrimps
1/4 cup fresh milk
1/2 tsp. sugar
7 coriander roots
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried red chili pepper powder
1. Clean the shrimps very well. Cut them in half, keep the shell and de-veined.
2. Put them on a ceramic plate. You can also use any plate that can stand the heat.
3. Crush coriander roots, pepper and dried red chili pepper powder.
4. Sprinkle on the shrimps.
5. In a bowl, beat the egg and add the stock. Mix well.
6. Add salt and milk in the same bowl and mix it together.
7. Pour the mix over the shrimp and steam it for 15 minutes.
Do you know how to make seafood sauce? This Goong Nueng Nomsod (Steamed Shrimps with Milk) tastes so good together with seafood sauce.
1. Ground 1 coriander root with garlic and chili peppers together for a hot and spicy taste.
2. Add 1 tbsp. fish sauce, 1/4 tsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. lemon juice.
I’m craving it now! :p