Gang Khanoon Sai Gradook Moo On – Young Jackfruit and Soft Pork Bone Soup
1 cup soft pork bone with meat sticks to it
1 cup young jackfruit sliced into dices
4 dried red chili peppers
7 red onions
5 tbsp. full sliced lemongrass
5 straw mushrooms
2 cups water
2 tbsp. fermented fish juice (Plarah)
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 cup Leguminosae (optional)
1. Ground dried red chili peppers, red onions and lemongrass together.
2. Put it in a pot, add salt and pour water. Boil in max heat.
3. When it’s boiling, add pork and young jackfruit
4. Cook for 15 minutes then remove from the stove.
5. Add Leguminosae if you like.
This recipe is from Isaan region where I live. We eat the jackfruit when it’s ripe and unripe. I remember we have a big jackfruit planted in a back yard. My grandma loved to take care of it. Even though she was already at late 80s, she still loved to move around to take care of the fruit and vegetables she had in our garden. Her jackfruit became so big, as big as a size of two basketballs, and we all were so excited.
I will put her photo here later, if I can find it. She was so beautiful at 95 years old. 🙂