Bamboo Salad à¸‹à¸¸à¸›à¸«à¸™à¹ˆà¸à¹„à¸¡à¹‰
Soup No Mai
2 cups boiled and scraped Bamboo
1 cup Bai Ya Nang (Look at my post here to see what kind of green leaves I use)
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Pla rah (fermented fish sauce)
1 tbsp. roasted sesame (then ground it finely, blow out the burnt dust)
2 tbsp. Khao Bue-ah (soaked uncooked rice)
1 tsp. dried chili pepper powder
2 tbsp. mints
2 tbsp. Sliced red onion
1 tbsp. chili peppers (ground)
2 tbsp. Sliced coriander
2 tbsp. Sliced scallion
1 tbsp. Sliced parsley
1. Boil the bamboo and scraped it with fork. Cut it short about 10cm.
2. Finely ground Khao Bue-ah with Bai Ya nang. Add 1 cup of water and squeeze until you get green juice.
3. Wash scraped bamboo again with clean water and place into the pot.
4. Add green juice, salt, pla rah juice and chili pepper. Boil it with medium heat until it’s boiling.
5. After that, turn off the fire and wait until it’s cool off.
6. Next, add coriander, scallion, parsley, sliced red onion and dried chili peppers. Mix well.
The juice in this recipe should be a little thick and should not be too much.
Top with roasted sesame and mints. Serve with sticky rice and eat under the big tree by the rice fields.
Hehe can you imagine that picture?? That’s what we do… ;P