Crunchy Kai Jeauw Maa in Green Curry in Thai, Gang Kiow Wan Kai Jeauw Maa Tod Grob
1 pack green curry instant paste
1 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 cup cut eggplant
1/2 cup young coconut tree top
1/4 cup fresh and young pepper
1 tbsp. sliced red chili pepper
1/2 cup sweet basil
1/4 cup fish ball (optional)
4 potash preserved eggs (cut in half)
1 cup tempura flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. palm sugar
1. Mix half of tempura flour with cold water. Drop potash preserved eggs in the dry tempura flour.
2. Then, Soak it in the tempura flour that was mixed with water.
3. After that, mix the egg with bread crumbs and deep fry until the bread is crunchy. Rest them on the plate.
4. Now, lets cook the green curry.
5. Mix green curry paste with coconut milk and boil it until you see oily bubbles float on the surface. I think 5-10 minutes is fine.
6. Add fish ball, eggplants, coconut tree top, young pepper, red chili pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add fish sauce and palm sugar. Adjust the taste as the way you like. Turn off the fire.
8. After that, add sweet basil and mix well. Pour the green curry on top of crunchy eggs.
Potash preserved eggs lovers?!? 🙂 I saw this recipe on the TV that my husband has just allowed me to watch it recently. Haha :p
Note from Vern
: huh? Oh boy, she is exaggerating. She can watch TV when we have time… we just don’t have time. I like to put everything else as priority before that.
Anyway, do you feel sick after eating them too much? Dizzy?