Thai Food Recipe: Lab Moo (Spicy Pork Salad)
7 oz. Sliced Pork
7 oz. sliced pork entrails (optional)
3 oz. sliced pork skin (optional)
2 tbsp. ground roasted uncooked rice
1 group coriander
3 leaves parsley
1 group scallion
1/2 cup mint
Sliced red chilis as much as you can stand!
2 tbsp. sliced red onion
1 tsp. dry pepper powder
2 tbsp. fish sauce
5 -6 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1. Cut coriander, parsley leaves, scallion finely.
2. Nip off the mint leaves.
3. Cook the sliced pork, entrails and skin in 1 cup of boiling water for 8 minutes. Add salt.
4. Take the pot off the stove. Put lemon juice, roasted uncooked rice, coriander, parsley, scallion, red chilis, red onion, dry pepper powder, fish sauce and 1/2 cup of mint leaves.
5. Dress with mint leaves on the top. Serve with sticky rice, and fresh vegetables; cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, eggplant or string beans.
6. Don’t use spoon or fork!! Eat sticky rice and lab moo with your fingers, you’ll get the real taste.