Thai Food Recipe: Moo Pad Prig Gaeng – Stir-Fried Pork with Chili Paste
1/2 cup pork (chicken or seafood is fine)
1/2 cup sliced string bean (1 inch long)
2 tbsp. sliced kaffir lime leaves
1/4 cup sweet basil
1 tbsp. sliced red chili pepper
1 tbsp. chili paste
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1. Heat the pan and put olive oil.
2. When the pan is hot, fry garlic.
3. Add pork. Cook it for about 10 minutes with medium heat.
4. Pour some small amount of water when the pan gets too dry.
5. Put chili paste, sugar, fish sauce and oyster sauce. Mix well.
6. Then, add string bean, kaffir lime leaves and sweet basil. Mix it altogether.
7. Serve with hot jasmine rice. Decorate it with sliced cucumber and tomato.
When you choose the chili paste to cook Moo Pad Prig Gaeng, you should pick the one with red color. This paste is not spicy at all, but it just has a scary red color. 🙂 I used to eat it a lot when I was young. Look carefully, it is not the same as Pad Ped paste.
Anyway, with the seafood, you should cook it in boiling water first before you stir-fry. 🙂