Thai Food Recipe: Tom Kha Gai (Chicken soup w/Coconut milk)
(Spicy Chicken, Coconut Milk and Galangal Soup)
2 cups Chicken breast (cut thick)
9 oz. coconut milk (you can use Chao Koh Brand)
1 cup straw mushroom (cut half) or any other kind of mushroom
1 lemongrass (cut diagonally then crushed lightly)
4-8 pieces baby galangal (thinly sliced)
3-4 kaffir lime leaves (rip off the hard part) 1 group coriander (cut 1 inch)
1 group scallion (cut 1 inch long)
4 crushed guinea-peppers
3 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
3-4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Boil coconut milk. Keep stirring. Wait until the coconut milk has its oil come out. Then add baby galangal, lemongrass. Mix it together.
2. When the soup boiling, put chicken breast. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Add peppers, fish sauce.Â Use medium heat.
3. Maximize the heat. Then add straw mushroom. Cook for 1-2 minute. Turn off the fire.
4. Dress with condensed milk, kaffir lime leaves, coriander and scallion. Add lemon juice. You should eat the soup right away after adding lemon juice because as the time pass the taste of lemon will change.
5. Serve with hot fragrant jasmine rice from Thailand.