Bpoo Pad Phong Gari – Sea Crab with Curry Powder Stir-Fry
1 big sea crab (about 600g)
2 tbsp. condensed milk
3 tbsp. chili paste in vegetable oil
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 onion (cut into dices)
Red, green and yellow sweet bell peppers (one of each cut into dices)
1 tbsp. Curry powder
1 tbsp. Shao xing cooking wine
1 and 1/2 cup stock
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp. pepper
2 groups scallion (cut 1 inch)
2 groups Chinese celery (cut 1 inch)
2 tbsp. red chili pepper (cut diagonally)
1. Clean the crab very well. Pull out the shell. Cut it into 6 pieces and crush its claws.
2. Beat the eggs. Then add condensed milk and chili paste in it. Mix well.
3. Next, heat the pan with medium heat. When it’s hot, add minced garlic. Now, throw onion, sweet bell peppers. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
4. After that, add crab, curry powder, shaoxing cooking wine, stock, sugar, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, and pepper.
5. Close the pan with its cover. When the stock dries out down to 1 cup, remove the cover.
6. Throw scallion, Chinese celery, red chili peppers and beat egg. Stir-fry until the egg is done. Turn off the fire.
Sea Crab with Curry Powder Stir-Fry is one of my favorites. We sometimes got it at the restaurants when I was at home in Sisaket. I don’t like the part that we have to pick out the meat from the crab’s hard shell, it is too messy. When the sweet taste of fresh crab meat with curry powder and fresh Chinese celery touch my tongue, I forgot all the hard work I’ve been through the hard shell…haha However, the sea crab doesn’t taste as good and as easy to eat as my fermented crab in Somtam! 🙂