Phad Buab – Zucchini Stir Fry
1 cup zucchini (Peel off the skin and cut)
1/2 cup shrimps (peel, de-veined and soft boiled) you can also use pork or chicken
2 tbsp. crushed garlic
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Heat the pan. Add vegetable oil and use medium heat.
2. When the pan is hot, add garlic. Stir fry until it has aromatic smell.
3. Add sliced pork or chicken in this step if you choose to cook it with meat. Cook for 5-8 minutes. If you cut the piece thick, you may have to cook it longer. Usually I slice the piece thin and will take just 5 minutes to be done.
4. Next, add zucchini. Juice from zucchini will come out definitely.
5. Add fish sauce. I always add fish sauce first because it will give a unique smell that can increase people appetite 🙂 especially, for Thai people.
6. Add some small amount of water.
7. Add sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir fry for 3 minutes
8. Now, use spatula to move every on the side. Add egg and stir it with spatula.
9. Wait for 10 seconds then mix everything together. Add soft boiled shrimps at this step if you choose to cook it with shrimps.
10. Turn off fire and remove from the pan.