Chuu Chee Pla too – Mackerel Curry
1 fresh mackerel
3 cups coconut milk
3 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. palm sugar (or regular sugar)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 kaffir lime leaves (sliced)
1/2 cup sweet basil
5 dried red chili peppers
6 red onions (sliced)
8 small cloves garlic (4 big cloves garlic)
1 galingale (finely cut)
1 lemongrass (finely cut)
1 tbsp. sliced kaffir lime skin
1 tbsp. minced coriander roots
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. shrimp paste
1. Ground all the paste ingredients together.
2. Put vegetable oil in a hot pan. Use meduim heat. Fry the paste from number one until it smells aromatic.
3. Gradually add the first half coconut milk and mix it for about 5 minutes. Then add the other half and wait until it’s boiling.
4. Now, add the fish. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. During the fish is being cooked, add fish sauce, sugar. Taste it the way you like.
6. When the fish is done, add sweet basil and kaffir lime leaves.
7. Serve with jasmine rice.
Put less chili peppers, if you don’t like it spicy. Chuu Chee Pla too makes me hungry now. I have to go eat. 🙂