Thai Breakfast: Khao Tom Moo – Boiled Rice with Pork
500g. Minced pork (mixed with black pepper and crushed garlic)
300g. Sliced shitake mushroom
1 cup cooked jasmine rice
1 handful sliced scallion
1 handful sliced coriander
2 tbsp. finely crushed garlic (fry until it turn yellow)
1 crushed coriander root
1 tbsp. pickled radish
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. stock powder
2-3 cups water
1. Add water into the pot. Wait until it is boiling.
2. When it’s boiling hard, add coriander root and stock powder.
3. Make minced pork as a small ball of bite site. Drop them in boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add shitake mushroom. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. After that, turn off the fire. Test whether the taste is right. Add fish sauce as needed.
6. Pour the soup on cooked jasmine rice. Garnish it with sliced coriander, scallion, pickled radish and fried garlic.
Think of this recipe when it is your lazy time or even when you have no time. 🙂 I cooked the soup and leave it in the fridge. Next morning, warm it and pour on top of the rice. 🙂 A shortcut to cook breakfast.
Some people may have cook it in a different way but this way I cook is the shortest one 😀