1/2 cup minced chicken
6 tbsp. minced onion
2 tbsp. minced coriander root
5 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. pepper
2 tbsp. palm sugar
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup fried garlic
10 g. glutinous rice flour
110g. rice flour
10 g. tapioca flour
10 g. arrowroot flour
1 and 1/2 cup water (360cc)
2 tbsp. food coloring (purple)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Heat the pan and add olive oil. Wait until then is hot then add coriander root, garlic and pepper.
2. Stir-fry until it has aromatic smell.
3. After that, add chicken. Crush and spread it with a flipper. Use max heat.
4. Cook chicken for 5 minutes. When we cook minced meat, it takes short time to be done. Notice the meat color. If you want it to be real cooked, take 8-10 minutes.
5. Now, lower the heat. Add minced onion, sugar ad fish sauce. Taste it the way you like. Keep stirring.
6. When the chicken is dry, turn off the fire.
7. Leave it cool off and prepare the flour.
8. Mix 3 kinds of flour all together. Add food coloring into the water. Pour half of water into the flour. Knead very well.
9. When the dough is soft and mixed well. Add the other half of water.
10. Add vegetable oil.
11. Cook it in the pan (brass pan for cooking or TeflonÂ®). The dough will be very thick. Don’t stop stirring while you are cooking it. Use very low heat. When the dough is 70% cooked, turn off the fire.
12. Leave it cool off in a closed container with plastic wrap, so that we can mold easily. Then, mold the stuffing into a small ball. (make it cute) 🙂
13. When the dough is cool off, mold it into a ball, little bigger than a stuffing ball.
14. Powder your hands with tapioca flour, if the dough sticks to your hands.
15. Make it like a hat shape. Put stuffing in the hold. Then wrap it. Make sure you can’t see stuffing from inside.
16. Turn the ugly part to the bottom. Use a small tongs to squeeze the dough into petals.
17. Alternate it like flower petals. Finish all the balls.
18. Places banana leaves on steam pot. (You can use pandanus leaves for aromatic smell) Dress oil on the leave.
19. Next, dress the oil from fried garlic all over the flowers.
20. Boil water in the steam pot. When it is boiling, lower the heat and cook it for 5 minutes. Notice when the flowers have clear petals, it is cooked.
21. Decorate it with lettuce, coriander, red chili pepper and fried garlic.
For natural color from butterfly pea, boil it in boiling water (360cc). You will get a blue color. Then add 1/2 tsp. lemon juice, it will turn to purple. Use different food colors for more fun!