Fava Beans and Mushroom Stir-Fry (ผัดเห็ดสะตอ)
1 cup sator (fava beans)
2 tbsp. sliced chili peppers
1 cup mixed mushroom (or any kind)
½ tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vegetarian sauce
½ tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Clean and cut the mushroom in half. Crack all of the sator open and clean very well.
2. Heat and pan and put olive oil. Wait until it’s hot and then put minced chili pepper.
3. Add mushroom, soy sauce, vegetarian sauce, sugar and some small amount of water.
4. Cook the mushroom for 7 minutes.
5. Next, put sator and mix well.
If you don’t like the strong smell of sator, slice it thinly and wash with water for a couple of times. However, we really like it when the sator is cooked for only a few seconds. That makes it crunchy. 🙂 Don’t get addicted like us! My husband Vern has it really bad. When he smells it cooking, he gets all excited.