Pumpkin Dessert, in Thai, Bua Loy Fuhk thong
1 cup mashed pumpkin
1 cup tapioca
1/4 cup palm sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup coconut thick cream
4 cups diluted coconut milk
1 tsp. salt
1. Knead tapioca and mashed pumpkin until it mixed well.
2. Make up small balls. Throw it in boiling water. Remove when the balls come up to the surface.
3. Boil the thick coconut cream on low heat. When it’s boiling, remove the pot from the stove.
4. Next, boil diluted coconut milk. Add sugar, palm sugar and salt. Keep stirring. Don’t let it stick together.
5. Add the balls that we cooked from number 2. When the pot is boiling again, remove it from the stove.
When you serve it in a small cup, dress with thick coconut cream. If you like it cold, you can add crushed ice. This recipe is for 5 servings. 🙂
When I was young, my family loved to make funny shape of Bua Loy Fuhkthong. Ask your kids to help. It must be fun.
Note from Vern
This is exceptionally delicious! It may not seem like it from the ingredients. At least it didn’t entice me at first, but once I had it, it became one of my all-time favorites. Ideally the pumpkin is already sweet, that makes this the perfect dessert.