Thai Dessert: Kanom Fuhk Thong (Pumpkin Cake )
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 cup smash pumpkin
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 cup sugar
1 cup old coconut (scraped)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1. Mix rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar together. Add baking soda and baking powder. Sieve twice.
2. Put smash pumpkin. Then add coconut cream gradually. Mix well.
3. Put the mixed in a cup (made from banana leaves or a small cup)
4. Now, steam for 20 minutes.
5. When it is done, cool it off. Take out of the cup and put it on a plate. Top with scrapped coconut.
I had the pumpkin left from cooking pumpkin stir-fry the other day and didn’t want to throw it away. 🙂 So, I called my mom about how to make the pumpkin cake that she made when I was young. This pumpkin cake is very easy right? Next time, I will make pumpkin recipe again but we have to wait until I can find the small size of it. If you decide to try this recipe for your young children, please show me the photo of this food. I’d like to see it! 🙂