Khao Klook Naem (Deep fried rice croquet and sour preserved pork)
1 cup steamed rice
1 tbsp. chili paste for Gaeng Ped
(choose the one that is not very spicy)
1 cup sour preserved pork
1/2 cup cooked pig’s skin (without fat)
(slice it to thin and long shape)
2 tbsp. Fish sauce
1 tsp. Sugar
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp, Chili powder
1 tbsp. sliced red onion
2 tbsp. sliced parsley3 pieces thin sliced fresh ginger or pickled ginger
1 tbsp. Coriander leaves
1 tbsp. Deep fried dried chili
2 tbsp. Roasted peanut
1. Mix chili paste with steamed rice. Make a ball of a hand size.
I don’t know which way to explain it better than this. Hmm,. Just don’t make it too big or the rice ball will not be crunchy. 🙂 If you like it very crunchy, you should make it a flat round shape.
2. Add 1 tbsp. fish sauce and mix well.
3. Next, beat the egg. Soak the rice ball into it and deep fried on low heat until the rice balls get yellow.
4. Remove from the pan and use paper towels to remove oil. 🙂
5. Put sour preserved pork in microwave for 1 minute.
6. Then, in a big bowl add preserved pork, fried rice ball, pig’s skin, 1 tbsp fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice, chili powder, sliced red onion, parsley, fresh ginger or pickled ginger, coriander leaves. Mix them altogether with your hand.
7. After that, arrange lettuce on the plate. Place Khao Klook Naem, then top with deep fried dried chili and 2 tbsp. roasted peanut.
Make it sour and spicy. Sour Preserved pork tasted so good! 🙂