Joke Moo Khai Kem – Fine Boiled Plain Rice with Pork
1 cup broken jasmine grain
1/2 cup or 300 g. pork with some fat stick to it (minced)
1/3 cup liver (soft boiled)
1/2 cup pig’s intestine (boiled and cut to 2 cm long pieces))
2 salted eggs
1/4 cup sliced ginger
1/4 cup sliced coriander and scallion
2 tbsp. corn flour
2 tbsp. finely crushed garlic
1 tbsp. white pepper powder
1/2 cup light soy sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
4 cup stock
1. Boil jasmine rice with water on medium heat. Turn down the heat to low after it is boiling.
2. While we are waiting the rice to be ready. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, light soy sauce, corn flour, pepper and garlic to a pork bowl.
3. Knead it well with your hand. Make sure the salty taste doesn’t come from your hands. 😛 haha
4. Add stock into the rice pot. Keep boiling it until the rice is very soft and the soup is thick.
5. After that, roll the pork into a small ball shape. Drop them in the boiling rice pot and cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring and adding stock when the water is quite dry.
6. Turn off the fire when it’s done.
7. Serve in a bowl. Add liver, intestine, coriander, scallion, ginger and pepper on top. 🙂
This food is influenced by Chinese. 🙂 It’s a breakfast for many Thai families. Some families cook Boiled Plain Rice Recipe 2, like I will show you tomorrow.