Kao Niao Mamuang – Coconut Milk on Steamed Sticky Rice with Ripe Mangoes
8 oz. uncooked sticky rice
1/2 coconut cream
6 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 fragrant screw pine leaves
1 tbsp. crunchy soybean
1. Put salt and sugar in coconut cream and mix it together.Â Boil the coconut for 3-5 minutes on the low heat. Stir it often. At the last 1 minute put fragrant screw pine leaves.
2. Pour coconut mixed in a bowl.
3. Now, wash the uncooked sticky rice and drain 2 times. Steep the rice in water at least 3 hours.
4. Then steam for 20 minutes.
5. After the rice is done, immediately put the rice in coconut bowl. It’s important to do this when the sticky rice is still hot.
6. Put a cover over the bowl. Wait 10 minutes. Then, stir it again, this time turn the bottom part to the top.
7. Serve with rips mangoes and top with cooked crunchy soybean. Then dress with thick coconut milk.
This coconut milk sticky rice can stay outside for 20 – 22 hours. Longer than that, you should keep it in the refrigerator. I was supposed to put coconut milk on the top but I forgot it. Before I realized it, Kao Niao Mamuang was gone into my husband’s stomach! 🙂
Maybe when I make it next time, I will not forget.