Madt Cha Samoonprai (Fish and herbs)
1 cup sliced fish (make it 1/2 inch thick)
1/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup young lemongrass (sliced thinly)
1 tbsp. minced galingale
1 tsp. sliced kaffir lime leave
1/4 cup basil
2 tbsp. sliced galingale (thin long pieces)
2 tbsp. red chili peppers (slice it diagonally)
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1 tbsp. minced garlic
4 crushed chili peppers
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (Healthy Boy Brand, Recipe1)
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Clean the fish very well. Dry it with paper towel. Drop it in a cup of wheat flour.
2. Deep fry the fish in boiling vegetable oil.
3. When the fish is crispy, remove from the pan. Next, fry cashew nuts, basil, lemongrass, galingale, kaffir lime leaves, and galangal. Remove and drain when it has yellow color.
4. Throw away the vegetable oil. Add olive oil in the pan. Wait until it’s hot.
5. Put minced garlic and 4 crushed chili peppers. Fry until it smells aromatic. Then add oyster sauce and some small amount of water.
6. Add crispy fish, crispy herbs, fish sauce and sugar. Quick stir-fry and remove it from the pan to keep the fish crispy.
To keep fish and herbs crispy, the food should be only a little bit juicy.