This dipping sauce is served with steamed fish. You can also check the recipe of steamed fish and the side vegetable below.
Are you scared when you eat with Thai people and we serve the fish with head part on the table?
Prepare fish part:
500 gram to 1 Kg of Any fish (clean and remove the scales)
3 tbsp. sliced coriander roots
5 tbsp. sliced lemon grass
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp. cumin (optional)
2 tsp. salt
Prepare sauce ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cupÃ‚Â concentrate tamarind juice
300-400g of Peanut bar
3 tbsp. dried chili powder
3-4 small tomato or 1 big tomato (cut)
4 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. stock powder (no msg type)
1. Let’s prepare the fish first. Ground lemongrass, coriander roots, garlic and cumin together. Put salt all over the fish and cover the fish with this.
2. Steamed the fish for 20 minutes.
3. Now, heat up the pot and add tamarind juice. In medium to high heat, boil peanut bar until it dissolve. Add some small amount of water as the sauce get too thick and it seemed like the pot going to burn. Add chili powder, tomato, fish sauce, stock powder. Keep stirring and make sure the tomato is cook.
4. After the peanut bar melt and tomato is cook, add egg. Then stir and cook the egg for 1-2 minute in medium heat. Make sure you save yourself. Don’t let the sauce gets too dry and the pot is too hot, it will splash the hot sauce out.
5. Serve this with side vegetable. When you eat, spread out the Chinese cabbage put fish meat on it, add coriander, sawtooth coriander, mint, sweet basil and pour this sauce on top. Yummy!!! 🙂