Thai Food Recipe: Kao Klook Ga-pi
(Rice Mixed with Shrimp paste)
6 cups cook jasmine rice
2 tbsp. shrimp paste
3 cloves garlic
1 cup pork (cut small cube)
1/4 cup fried dried shrimp
4 red onions (sliced)
2 tbsp. palm sugar
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper powder
1/6 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup finely cut string beans
1/4 cup finely cut raw sour mango
2 red chili peppers (more or less as you wish)
2 pieces lemon
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Add olive oil in a hot pan. Beat eggs and mix with 1 tsp. fish sauce.Fry until the eggs turn gold.
2. Leave it cool then Use paper towel absorb the oil. Slice into small pieces.
3. Ground garlic, black pepper finely. Mix it with the pork and salt. Now, cook the pork in the pan with hot olive oil for 5 minutes.
4. Add palm sugar, fish sauce,and 1 tbsp. of water. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. When the sauce get thick, turn off the fire.
6. Next, we will make the rice.
7. Fry shrimp paste in hot pan with olive oil. Add 1 tsp. of fish sauce and 2 tsp. of sugar then mix well. Turn off the fire.
8. In a bowl, mix shrimp paste that made from number 7 with rice. Add the paste little by little.
9. You don’t need to use all the paste. Taste it the way you like.
10. Serve the rice with string bean, sliced red chilies, mango, eggs, red onions, lemon, pork, cucumber, dried shrimp and top with coriander leaves.
Put as much of each vegetable as you like.