1) The meat
- 200g minced pork or chicken (cook with 1 tsp. stock powder and 1 cup of water)
- 200g cooked mixed seafood
- 80g bean vermicelli noodle
2) The vegetables
- 1/4 cup mixed of cut coriander, spring onion, and parsley
- 1/4 cup cut tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mixed of sliced onion, purple onion and carrot for the color
- chopped chili and garlic as much as you like (some people use pickled garlic so that you get some sour and sweet taste, I don’t like that taste and I rarely cook food that would use pickled garlic. Maybe, it is just once a year?, so I skip.)
3) Yum Woon Sen dressing
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Heat up 1 cup of water, add 1 tsp stock powder and cook minced pork in high heat for 5 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Removed cooked minced pork to a mixing bowl. Leave some of the soup in the cooking pot though, we will need to use it to cook the vermicelli noodle.
- Now, add 2 tbsp. fish sauce, 2 tbsp. lime juice, 1 tsp. Sugar. Mix until the sugar dissolved. Usually, it will be quick since the soup from stock still hot enough to melt the sugar.
- Add chili and garlic as much as you like.
- Add cut coriander, spring onion, and parsley.
Then, add cut tomatoes, sliced onion, purple onion, and carrot. At this step, you can decide how much you want to add. It doesn’t have to be the exact amount from the recipe.
- Add seafood.
- Now, it is time to change the taste that you like. If you like more sour add lime and saltier? Then add fish sauce. Be reminded to relax, add little amount at a time until you find the right taste for yourself.
- Now, cook vermicelli noodle in boiling stock water (add more water and more stock powder if need.)
- Add a little bit of fish sauce to flavor your cooked noodle.
- After that, quickly mix everything together before the noodle soggy. Your Yum Woon Sen Talay is now ready! 🙂
- There is a detail cooking video at the bottom of this page if you want to clearly see how to cook this yummy Seafood Spicy and Sour Salad with vermicelli noodle.