Wing Bean Spicy and Sour Salad in Thai, Yum Tua Poo
1/2 cup minced pork
1/2 cup shrimp (choose the biggest size)
4 cups wing bean (cut)
4 tbsp. lemon juice
4 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. palm sugar
1 tbsp. cut chili pepper (more or less as you like)
2 tbsp. roasted peanut (crushed)
3 tbsp. red onion (sliced and then fried)
3 tbsp. sliced garlic (fried)
2 tbsp. crushed dried shrimp
1 cup cut old coconut
2 tbsp. chili paste for Tom Yum
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1. Cook the pork and shrimps in boiling water. Cut the shrimps into small pieces.
2. Cook the wing bean in boiling water and add only a little bit of salt. Drop the wing bean and quickly remove it into a bowl of cold water.
3. Roast the coconut until it smells nice. Be careful, don’t burn it.
4. In a bowl, mix the sauce. Add lemon juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, chili pepper, chili paste for Tom Yum and coconut milk.
5. Mix pork, shrimps, dried shrimp, wing bean, roasted peanut, fried onion and fried garlic, and roasted coconut altogether.